Following are important reminders and key information:
- Shelter in Place: MANDATORY for ALL residents, regardless of age, except for certain essential or permitted activities. Additional details can be found here: https://www.leonianj.gov/Home/Components/News/News/109/179. Further, there are to be NO multi-household gatherings, inside or outside, for any reason. Violators (including minors) are subject to fines of up to $1,000, as well as other penalties.
- Exercise and Social Distancing: All Leonians are encouraged to get outside regularly, both for physical and mental well-being. If you choose to go for a walk or run with neighbors or friends, please remember all previously communicated social distancing protocols, and try to remain at least six feet away from non-household members at all times. Do NOT share sports equipment or toys with anyone outside of your household.
- Hospital Healthcare Worker/First Responder “Safe House:” Assistance is available for Leonia residents who are first responders or working as a hospital healthcare worker, and who are concerned with returning to their homes after work and potentially exposing their families to the COVID-19 virus. Proof of residency and employment will be required. For further information, contact the Leonia OEM Coordinator at 201-592-5780, extension 262. You may also send an email to the OEM Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Census 2020 (Leonia current response rate: 58.1%): It is very important that all Leonians complete the 2020 census, in order to ensure that our community gets the funding, Federal and State representation to which we are entitled. To complete the Census online, visit https://www.2020census.gov/. An FAQ document has been created for your use; it can be found at https://www.leonianj.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=1392.
- Leonia Cares Assistance Program Rollout: The Leonia Cares rollout is continuing. We need more block captains, especially in apartment buildings. If you’d like to volunteer to be a Block Captain or Runner, please complete the interest form here: https://forms.gle/ykQZMLpK4jfJKRmj7. This program is only going to become more important in the month ahead; please consider volunteering for this critically important initiative. If you have questions about the program, please email email@example.com.
- Town-wide Weekly Moment of Reflection: Every Tuesday night at 8:00 PM, all Leonians are encouraged to gather on their front sidewalk or lawn, with lit candles, and observe a two-minute “moment of reflection” in honor of those who have succumbed to the COVID-19 virus, as well as those who are still afflicted with it. This is also a great time to check in (in a proper socially distant fashion) with your neighbors. This is about keeping our community strong – all Leonians are STRONGLY encouraged to participate.
- COVID-19 Information: As a reminder, all residents should only be getting information from reputable sources. These are as follows:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- New Jersey State Department of Health: https://covid19.nj.gov/
- New Jersey State Department of Health telephone hotline: 1-800-222-1222
- Borough of Leonia website: https://www.leonianj.gov/information-news/COVID-19-Resources-Info
- Leonia Public Schools Daily Communication: https://www.leoniaschools.org/covid19_updates
Nixle Signup: Make sure that all Leonians are signed up to get the Nixle alert messages! To sign up, visit https://local.nixle.com/city/nj/leonia/, or text “07605” to 888777