The Registrar of Vital Statistics shall keep and safeguard all records as required by the state, the State Health Department, the Borough and the Board. They shall issue such licenses, certificates and records as he may be authorized by law, and he shall submit such written reports as may be required by the State Health Department. They shall also perform such other duties as directed by the Board and the State Health Department.
Marriage/Civil Union/Domestic Partnership License Applications
Please review the Marriage License Application Info Sheet for the requirements of obtaining a license.
Certified Copies of Birth, Death, Marriage or Civil Unions
Issued daily from 8:30am - 12:00pm. Please fill out the form below and submit with your payment. All certified copies are $10.00 per copy.
The following are acceptable forms of ID:
- A current, valid photo driver’s license or photo non-driver’s license with current address OR
- A current, valid driver’s license without photo and one alternate form of ID with current address OR
- Two alternate forms of ID, one of which must have current address. Alternate Forms of ID are:
- Vehicle registration
- Vehicle insurance card
- Voter registration
- US/Foreign Passport
- Immigrant Visa
- Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- Federal/ State ID
- County ID
- Bank Statement (within previous 90 days)
- Utility Bill (within the previous 90 days)
- Tax Return or W-2 for current/previous tax year
Board of Health
The Board of Health is responsible for the delivery of health-related services to the residents of the Borough of Leonia. Board of Health members are appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council. For more information, please click here to visit the Board of Health page.
The Board meets on the third Wednesday of each month, at 7:30 PM, in the 2nd floor meeting room of the Leonia Borough Hall (312 Broad Ave., Leonia). Please note that there is no November meeting.
- Acceptable Identification for Copies of Vital Records.
- Application for Marriage, Remarriage, Civil Union, Reaffirmation of Civil Union License
- Getting Copies of Genealogical Records Instructions
- Getting Copies of Non-Genealogical Record Instructions
- Marriage License Application Info
- New Pet License Application 2018
- Pet License Renewal Application
- Spanish Application for Marriage, Remarriage, Civil Union and Reaffirmation of Civil Union
- Vital Record Copy (Genealogical) Application
- Vital Record Copy (Non- Genealogical) Application