Mandated by the New Jersey State Uniform Construction Code.This division is where one would obtain construction permits for new construction, and/or renovations of existing structures.
Inspections: Please call Alyson to schedule an inspection at 201-592-5780 x 253 during our regular business hours Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm, Tuesday 8:30am - 7:00pm & Friday 8:30am - 1:00pm. You must have permit number available when scheduling inspections.
Certificate of Resale/Rental: If there is a change of occupancy whether by resale or rental you are required to submit a CRO application, along with the proper fee, to the Building Department. The application and requirements can be found below.
Responsible for the interpretation and enforcement of the borough zoning ordinances, and to insure that the proper occupancies and uses of structures and properties within the borough are followed.The Zoning Division also directs applicants to appear before the Planning Board or Zoning Board of Adjustment. Zoning, and Sign applications are now available online.
Property Maintenance Division
Responsible for the enforcement of both local ordinances and state statutes pertaining to the maintenance and upkeep of all structures and properties within the borough.
- Sign, Awning, Canopy Application
- Planning Board Site Plan Application
- Planning Board Variance Application
- Zoning Application
- Road Opening Application
- Certificate of Resale/Rental Application
- Application for Certificate
- Building Subcode Technical Section
- Chimney Verification for Replacement of Fuel-Fired Equipment
- Electrical Subcode Technical Section
- Fire Protection Subcode - Technical Section
- Framing Checklist
- Important Information Concerning Application
- Mechanical Inspection - Technical Section
- Plumbing Subcode - Technical Section