The Capital Budget Committee is appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council and, except as herein set forth, shall consist of and be divided into, for convenience, the four classes:
- Class I - Mayor
- Class II - A member of the Council who is the Chairperson of the Finance Committee, a member of the Council who is the Chairperson of the DPW, and the Borough Administrator, who shall also act as the Secretary of the Committee
- Class III - A member of the Board of Education, designated by the President of the Board of Education
- Class IV - Three (3) residents of the Borough to be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council
The term of the member composing Class I shall correspond to her/his official tenure. The terms of the members composing Classes II and III shall be for one (1) year ending December 31 of each year. The term of the first member of class IV appointed shall expire at the end of the first calendar year, of the second member at the end of the second calendar year and of the third member at the end of the third calendar year. Thereafter, the term of each shall be the same number of years as there are members of class IV on the committee. if a vacancy in any class shall occur, otherwise than by expiration of term, it shall be filled by appointment by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council for the unexpired term thereof.
The Mayor may designate an alternate to act in her/his place with authority to attend all meetings of the Committee and in her/his absence to vote on all questions before the Committee.
The Capital Budget Committee shall be guided by rules and regulations adopted by the Governing Body and such other rules and regulations which it may adopt for themselves. It shall also prepare the Capital Budget in accordance with the rules and regulations provided by the Department of Community Affairs and pursuant to statue. Upon preparation of the Capital Budget, it shall be presented in person at a meeting of the Governing Body for review, any necessary amendments, modifications and adoption.
- Class I - Mayor - Judah Zeigler - 2023
- Class II - Chairman of Finance -Bernadette Flaim - 2020
- Class II - Chairman of DPW -Pat Fusco - 2020
- Class II - Borough Administrator -Andrea Wardrop
- Class III - Board of Education - Bryce Robins
- Class IV - Resident - James Diemer
- Class IV - Resident -Vincent Petti
- Class IV - Resident - Arthur Zayat