Limited Re-Opening of Wood Park Public Tennis Courts
We are pleased to announce that we will be opening the Wood Park Tennis Courts as of Saturday, June 6, 2020. All participants must pre-register for a free permit and agree to the current Wood Park Public Tennis Courts Operating Restrictions. Permits are available for Leonia Residents only.
Please note the following restrictions:
- A full list of restrictions are available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S4BVB5UIgU9MjXMFt2UWonAYchBWd7gJCG4MzxPhJhE/edit?usp=sharing
- Singles matches only; no doubles matches are permitted at any time.
- No lessons are permitted at any time.
- Each player must bring their own can of tennis balls (each person should have a can of tennis balls with a different number), and when serving, must utilize only the tennis balls brought with them.
- No switching of sides is permitted
- If a player must return a ball to their opponent or to another court, they are to do so either with their feet or with their racket.
- Players are not to share drinks, towels, tennis rackets, or any tennis equipment
- ALL PLAYERS MUST REGISTER ELECTRONICALLY IN ORDER TO UTILIZE THE WOOD PARK TENNIS COURTS. This does not mean that only one player registers per court; ALL players must register, so that the Borough of Leonia has the information needed for contact tracing purposes (if necessary).
- Random checks of registrations vs. actual players will be conducted; if you are playing and are not registered, you will be required to leave the tennis courts immediately, and may be temporarily suspended from utilizing the courts. Repeated violations of this requirement could lead to a permanent ban.
- Registration will open on Wednesday, June 3. To register, visit https://register.
- Parking is available in the municipal lot on the corner of Beechwood Place and Broad Avenue (across from the Leonia Recreation Center)
- Entry to the tennis courts is available from the Broad Avenue entrance to the park through a fenced in path ONLY.
- Please note that all Leonia parks and other recreation facilities such as playgrounds, fields, etc. remain closed at this time. To receive updates regarding parks, please sign up for the Leonia Recreation Department eblasts by creating an account at https://register.
communitypass.net/. or follow @LeoniaRecreation on Facebook. leoniarecreation