January 27, 2016 - Reorganization
The Planning Board meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month, at
7:30 pm, in the Borough Annex Conference Room, at 305 Beechwood Place, Leonia.
FORMAL ACTION ON ANY BUSINESS MAY BE TAKEN
The Leonia Planning Board, like all planning boards throughout the state, operates under the provisions of the New Jersey Municipal Land Use Law. The Board meets on the fourth Wednesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. in the Borough Annex Conference Room, located at 305 Beechwood Place.
1. Preparing, adopting, and amending a Master Plan that zones the town for particular types of uses and development. The Master Plan represents the Borough's view of itself and where it should be going.
2. Reviewing for approval proposed subdivisions, site plans, and conditional uses, including certain variances and building permits. (Variances allow an applicant to vary from the zoning requirements after offering convincing legal reasons for doing so.)
3. Performing informal reviews of concept plans for development.
4. Making recommendations to the Borough Council about adopting or amending development regulations.
5. Directing the issuance of building permits for buildings or structures in certain areas shown on an official map, when such building permits also require subdivision, site plan or conditional use approval.
6. Directing the issuance of building permits for buildings or structures on a lot not related to a street, when such building permits also require subdivision, site plan or conditional use approval.
7. Making recommendations to the Borough Council and/or any other governmental authority concerning the relationship of capital projects to the Borough's Master Plan.
8. Participating in the preparation and review of programs or plans required by State or Federal law or regulations.
9. Assembling data as part of a continuous planning process.
10. Performing other advisory duties as are assigned to it by ordinance or by the Borough Council.
Planning Board Members
Mayor Judah Zeigler, Class I - 2019
Anthony Cassano - Class II - 2016
Pat Fusco - Class III - Council - 2016
Patrick Botten - Class IV - 2018
Richard Stenken - Class IV - 2019
Vincent Petti - Class IV - 2019
Tim Ford - Class IV - 2018
Ron Chace - Class IV - 2017
William Russell - Class IV - 2016
Paul Poretsky - Alternate - 2016
- Alternate - 2017
Brad Wilds - Alternate - 2016
Gregg Edelman - Alternate - 2017
Mayor's Alternate - Ira Gold
Dan Melfi - Building Inspector/Zoning Officer
Jack Terhune - PB Clerk
Tina Evans - Recording Secretary
Planning Bd Attorney - Dan Steinhagen
Planning Bd Engineer - Robert Costa
Bringing an Application to the Board:
The Planning Board Applications can be obtained from the Building Dept., James Massaro, who can be reached at 201-592-5780 x255. The Board Clerk, Jack Terhune, at 201-592-5780 x221. To be heard in a particular month, your application package must be available to the public at Borough Hall ten days prior to the meeting date. There are a number of technicalities that must be addressed in making out an application, so be sure to allow yourself adequate preparation time.
For New Business Owners:
The Leonia Planning Board is particularly interested in the appearance of the downtown business district. The Planning Board requests that applicants work with Mr. Massaro on the design of facades and signs so as to be in accordance with the Borough's central business district standards.
|July 25, 2012